Photo Gallery 2 Images
PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Three daughters were surprised Thursday when their father returned from deployment.
It started as a regular school day for Kylie Burchfield at Pontotoc Middle School.
However, she was in a for a big surprise.
"We set it up this morning to surprise her during lunch, whenever all her friends were here and I think we did a pretty good job of it," said Sergeant Chase Burchfield.
Burchfield returned home after being stationed with the National Guard in Afghanistan for 11 months.
The same happened for her sister, Marlie Burchfield, at D.T. Cox Elementary.
There were a lot of tears as the dad hugged his daughters for the first time in nearly a year.
"I was really happy and I was really surprised," said Marlie.
His third daughter, Addie Burchfield, was surprised while at the park with a babysitter.
It was a difficult time for the family during his deployment.
His wife said she knew it was coming, however it didn't make it any easier.
"It's been hard on both of us, but it went by fast on both sides of the world," said his wife, Brittany.
Now, the family plans to focus on spending time together this holiday season.
We're just happy that were all back together for the holidays," added Brittany.
- Returning soldier surprises children in Pontotoc
- VIDEO: Soldier surprises children in Lee County
- Wife surprises soldier with completed home
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc County children found safe
- State flag returns to Pontotoc City Hall
- Local soldiers returning from Middle East deployment
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- Final soldiers from Mississippi unit return from deployment
- Military mom surprises children at Booneville pep rally