PLANTERSVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - After many years of business and contribution to Plantersville, a local man has once again given back to his community as part of his retirement.
A retirement reception was held Tuesday night to honor Walter Fleishhacker.
It was during this event that a $25,000 check, his land and the building that housed his former business, were donated to city officials.
Fleishhacker opened Northeast Metals Processors in Plantersville in 1974.
Unfortunately, the honoree was unable to attend the reception.
Instead, Fleishhacker's daughter accepted his award from the city on his behalf and gave officials the keys to the building.
At this time, city officials do not know what they are going to do with the generous donation.
- Retiree donates money, land, building to Plantersville
- Plantersville looking for new police chief
- Plantersville wreck sends 2 to hospital
- Plantersville man pleads not guilty to burglaries
- Coroner: Autopsy shows Plantersville man died from gunshot wounds
- Mother of dead Plantersville man calls shooting a "nightmare"
- UPDATE: Plantersville man indicted after crash kills Oxford teacher
- Airbus lands $45.9 million contract to build helicopters for border
- Plantersville police investigate why a gun went off within city limits
- Toyota workers donate toys, money to Salvation Army