JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) -— The Mississippi Lottery Corporation made a couple of major announcements Friday leading up to the launch of the games later this year.
First, it is now accepting applications by retailers to sell lottery tickets.
They will have to undergo a background check and will have to mail the application in along with an $80 application fee, a $15 for each additional location and a bond or letter of credit for $8,000 for each location.
Second, the Powerball and Mega Millions games will likely start in Mississippi in the first three months of next year.
That word came in a separate announcement revealing Mississippi had been accepted into the non-profit association that oversees those games.
Mississippi's lottery launches December 1 with scratch-off games.
- Retailers can now apply to sell Mississippi lottery tickets; Powerball, Mega Millions coming next year
- Lottery ticket applications open for Mississippi retailers
- Mississippi lottery could start selling tickets in late 2019
- Mississippi retailers gearing up for lottery launch
- Huge Mega Millions and Powerball Jackpots draw many to Tennessee
- The lottery may soon come to Mississippi
- Winning mega millions ticket sold in South Carolina
- Mississippi Lottery aims for Dec. 1 start of ticket sales
- Jackpot! Lottery tickets on sale for 1st time in Mississippi
- Retail development coming to Tupelo