STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Oktibbeha County investigators say one of their biggest issues right now is a small group of juveniles breaking into cars and stealing guns, among other things.
And the Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department is warning residents to be careful, especially leaving guns inside of their vehicles.
Investigator Brett Watson says a recent search warrant uncovered some 80 guns.
He says in order to slow the problem, he would encourage citizens to be cautions and remove high-dollar items from their vehicle. He advises locking your door, no matter where you are.
He also advises keeping records of items, including photos and serial numbers.
- Residents in Oktibbeha County urged to lock vehicles
- Scam alert out for Oktibbeha County residents
- Oktibbeha County residents clean up after storms
- Oktibbeha County resident reacts to Longview Road project
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Lane closures expected in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs
- No injuries in Oktibbeha County house fire
- Report: Oktibbeha County fire coordinator under scrutiny
- Oktibbeha County home destroyed in fire