WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) – A man accused of armed robbery will have to wait in Clay County.
The Daily Times Leader reports Charles Colton Younger, 25, was expected to possibly plead guilty in Clay County in January.
He is accused of pulling a gun on a store clerk in West Point in December 2015.
However, the three judges who handle circuit court cases in Clay, Oktibbeha, Lowndes and Noxubee counties have recused themselves in the case. This is due to Younger being the son of state Sen. Chuck Younger of Columbus.
The delay will give the state Supreme Court time to name a new judge to oversee the case.
The case has been continued until April 9.
- Report: West Point robbery case delayed to find new judge
- Investigation continues into West Point armed robbery
- West Point police offer self-defense advice following kidnapping case
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- REPORT: Winter conditions cause court delay in murder case
- 2 new cases of West Nile virus reported in Mississippi
- Mississippi reports first West Nile virus human case of 2018
- Mississippi reports second West Nile virus human case of year
- West Nile virus case reported in Itawamba County
- Mississippi reports 21 West Nile virus human cases so far