STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Starkville road is back open after an early-morning water main break, reports the Starkville Daily News.
The break happened on an 8-inch underground water main at the intersection of North Jackson Street and Critz Street.
The city says repairs have been made.
Starkville Utilities General Manager Terry Kemp told the newspaper the exact cause of the break is unknown at this time.
Kemp says there has been on impact to city drinking water or water service.
Motorists in the area are urged to use caution.
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- UPDATE: MSU residence halls reopen after water main repair
- Normal traffic expected to resume Friday after Starkville water main break
- Damaged water main fixed in Oxford
- Water leak repair causes temporary road closure
- Crews to repair water line in Oxford
- UPDATE: Crews complete repairs after Starkville sewage spill
- Repair work underway in Starkville, one project postponed
- Starkville intersection closed due to water leak
- UPDATE: Starkville boil water notice lifted