JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tupelo native becomes the sixth person to jump in the race for the U.S. House in Mississippi's Third Congressional District.
The Clarion Ledger reports Katherine Tate has qualified to seek the Republican nomination.
She is described as a former educator and administrator now living in Jackson.
No Democrats have qualified to run yet. The six who have announced are Republicans.
Incumbent Republican Gregg Harper announced earlier this year he would not seek another two-year term in the U.S. House.
- Report: Tupelo native enters race for Congress
- Ole Miss Engineering honors Tupelo native
- Man reported missing in Tupelo
- Power outages reported in Tupelo
- Tupelo Police: Woman reported missing
- Automobile collectors race to Tupelo for auction
- Report: Tupelo man survives Texas plane crash
- UPDATE: Man reported missing found in Tupelo
- Tupelo Police: Officers investigate reported shooting
- No injuries reported after Tupelo traffic accident