STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Starkville man is accused of hitting his wife with a baseball bat and holding her against her will.
The Starkville Daily News reports Christopher Shannon Blackwell, 42, is charged with one count of domestic aggravated assault.
He's accused of hitting his wife in the ankle, knee and face.
The victim was treated at a local hospital but did not require hospitalization.
The newspaper reports the incident happened on or around April 11.
He also faces one count of kidnapping. He's accused of confining his wife to the residence in the 200 block of Serenity Lake Road by threatening her with a gun, the newspaper reports.
Blackwell was released from jail on a $50,000 bond.
- Report: Starkville man accused of hitting wife with baseball bat
- Starkville man accused of sexual battery
- Report: Man walks away from Starkville wreck
- Mississippi man accused of abducting estranged wife
- Prentiss County men arrested after alleged attack involving baseball bat
- Police arrest Starkville man for weekend hit-and-run
- Starkville police arrest man accused of appearing naked in public
- Report: Starkville man faces sexual battery, weapons charge
- REPORT: Man arrested after shots fired at Starkville apartment complex
- Report: Man jailed for aggravated DUI in Starkville