STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Negotiations will soon begin to expand the Starkville Sportsplex.
The Starkville Daily News reports the city’s board of aldermen discussed the action Tuesday to begin negotiations to purchase 51 acres of land for the expansion.
The land is south of the Sportsplex. The city says this will attract tournaments in various sports.
The newspaper reports the city will have a better idea as to the cost of the acquisition once the negotiations begin.
Starkville Mayor Lynn Spruill says the negotiations could take a couple of weeks.
“Although these are negotiations, Spruill said the acquisition will happen in some form or another,” the newspaper reported.
- Report: Starkville looks to buy land for Sportsplex expansion
- Second arrest made in Starkville Sportsplex shooting
- Two people injured in shooting at Sportsplex
- Report of stabbing in Starkville lands woman behind bars
- Stabbing lands Starkville man behind bars
- Report: Former Starkville superintendent to lead MASS
- Report: Starkville looking into 'Go Cup' ordinance
- Report: Starkville approves ambulance service contract
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Report: Man walks away from Starkville wreck