KUWAIT (WTVA) - ArmyTimes.com reports five soldiers came down with salmonella at Camp Arifjan in Kuwait in recent weeks.
The 155th ABCT, based out of Tupelo, is currently being housed at another base, Camp Buehring, the base confirms with WTVA.
However, 1st Lt. Terry Hill confirms the 155th does have some soldiers at Camp Arifjan.
But he says they have not received any reports of 155th soldiers being affected by the outbreak.
Hill confirms the dining facilities at Camp Buehring were also temporarily closed and were thoroughly inspected.
Refresher training was given to the base's employees as a preventative measure.
"There have been no reports of any food poisoning here at Buehring," Hill confirmed.
- Report: Some soldiers affected by salmonella in Kuwait; 155th not affected
- 155th soldiers arrive in Middle East
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018
- 155th ABCT earns Navy Unit commendation
- UPDATE: DIRECTV resolves issue affecting WTVA
- Mississippi prison system: Short staffing affects safety
- Mississippi: Shutdown won't immediately affect food program
- Residents affected by tornadoes can receive help
- 155th takes over Operation Spartan Shield in Middle East
- How the winter storm is affecting the South