COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Longtime lawmaker Rep. Gary Chism is recovering after suffering a "mild stroke," reports the Starkville Daily News.
Chism, a Columbus Republican, has been released from Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle.
He serves District 37, which covers parts of Lowndes, Clay and Oktibbeha counties.
- Report: Rep. Gary Chism recovering after 'mild stroke'
- Grant to study strokes among African-Americans
- Gary Henderson named NCBWA Coach Of The Year
- NMMC hosting event to promote stroke awareness month
- Body recovered following Winston County fire
- Musician Mac McAnally recovering from heart attack
- Louisville .family recovering from storm damage
- THS athlete recovering following fatal car wreck
- 10 stolen tractors recovered in Union County
- Missing child recovered in Lee County