JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - President Trump’s scheduled rally in Jackson has been canceled.
A Trump campaign official says the scheduled rally was canceled due to the health and well-being of the eastern seaboard because of Hurricane Florence.
The president was to be in Jackson this Friday to support Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith.
Hyde-Smith's campaign issued a statement agreeing with the decision.
"Mississippi residents understand what it's like to prepare for, endure and recover from a major hurricane," according to the campaign.
- President Trump cancels Jackson rally
- UPDATE: MBI cancels silver alert; Jackson man found safe
- Amber Alert canceled for six-year old Jackson girl
- President Trump supports Senator Hyde-Smith at Southaven rally
- President Trump rallies in Tupelo for Hyde-Smith
- Joe Jackson, father of Michael Jackson, dies
- President Trump visits Tupelo
- REPORT: President Trump to visit Mississippi Saturday
- Teen reported missing found safe in Jackson
- Silver Alert issued for missing Jackson man