OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A Lafayette County grand jury has indicted a mother following the death of her infant child.
HottyToddy.com reports the grand jury indicted Stephanie Henry, 31, on June 6, for manslaughter-culpable negligence.
Oxford police officers responded on April 28 to the University Inn on Frontage Road for a report of an unresponsive infant.
The infant later died at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford.
The news outlet reports Henry was under the influence of narcotics when she took the child with her to the bathtub and fell asleep, causing the child to drown.
- Report: Grand jury indicts mother for infant's death
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Grand jury indicts Water Valley daycare worker
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Grand jury indicts man accused of shooting at pastor
- Lowndes County grand jury indicts 2015 murder suspect
- Mother devastated following her infant daughter's death