BALDWYN, Miss. (WTVA) - A Marietta man has been indicted in connection with the death of a boy who was trying to board a school bus.
The Baldwyn News reports a Lee County grand jury issued the two-count indictment against Hunter Newman.
He was arrested after the vehicle he was driving struck and killed Dalen Thomas, 9, on Oct. 31, 2018, in the Pratts community.
Newman was charged with culpable negligence manslaughter.
Thomas was a student at Baldwyn Elementary School.
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Grand jury indicts Water Valley daycare worker
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Second grand jury declines to indict driver in death of 7-year-old Amiya Braxton
- Federal grand jury indicts man charged with using public Wi-Fi to download child porn
- Oktibbeha grand jury indicts Rienzi man for 1990 Labor Day case
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted