STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – An Ackerman native has been selected to lead the Mississippi Association of School Superintendents (MASS).
Phillip Burchfield has been selected to replace Executive Director Sam Bounds, who is retiring, reports the Starkville Daily News.
Burchfield recently retired as superintendent of the Clinton Public School District and held the same position in Starkville from 2003 to 2008.
This culminates his 42-year-old career in public education.
MASS is a non-profit association made up of 144 public school superintendents and 2,000 public school administrators.
- Report: Former Starkville superintendent to lead MASS
- Report: Starkville interviews candidates to lead Park & Rec.
- Quitman School District hires assistant superintendent from Starkville
- Report: Starkville looking into 'Go Cup' ordinance
- Report: Starkville approves ambulance service contract
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Report: Man walks away from Starkville wreck
- Report: Starkville to see sewage, electric upgrades
- Report: Indiana homicide suspect arrested in Starkville
- Starkville Police take leads on Ruby's robbery suspect