Update 12/07/18 1:12 p.m.
Former Ole Miss head football coach Hugh Freeze has officially been introduced as the football coach at Liberty University.
See the original post below.
LYNCHBURG, Va. (WTVA) - Former Ole Miss head football coach Hugh Freeze has agreed to become Liberty University’s new football coach, reports ESPN.
According to the university’s athletics website, school leaders will hold a press conference today at 2 p.m. local time to announce the naming of a new football coach. The university did not mention Freeze by name.
Freeze resigned from Ole Miss in July 2017 amid a personal scandal.
- UPDATE: Former Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze hired at Liberty University
- UPDATE: Former Ole Miss chancellor won't head Florida university
- Ole Miss names new women's basketball coach
- Report: Hugh Freeze met with Nick Saban in Tuscaloosa
- MUW hires women's soccer coach
- Reports: Ole Miss hires Mike MacIntyre to be defensive coordinator
- Ole Miss hires Rich Rodriguez as offensive coordinator
- Ole Miss names alumna new general counsel for university
- Ole Miss coach Matt Luke ready to seize 'destination job'
- Luke named permanent Ole Miss head football coach