STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Mississippi State defensive lineman and Noxubee County native Jeffery Simmons tore the ACL in his left knee over the weekend during training, he confirmed Tuesday on his Twitter account.
Simmons says he suffered the injury during position drills this past weekend in Boca Raton, Florida.
Many NFL Draft analysts have projected Simmons to be a top pick in the upcoming draft.
He declared for the draft in December following his junior season at MSU.
- Former MSU star Jeffery Simmons suffers knee injury
- MSU's Jeffery Simmons declares for NFL Draft
- Rebels' Brown, MSU's Simmons among Conerly Trophy finalists
- Mississippi State's Bibby out for season with knee injury
- Pilot suffers minor injuries after airport crash, fire
- MSU quarterback undergoes surgery after Egg Bowl injury
- Brown, Little, Simmons named to AP Preseason All-America teams
- Facebook, Instagram suffer outages
- Alabama family suffers storm damage
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns