STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Mississippi State baseball coach Andy Cannizaro reportedly resigned due to an extramarital affair.
According to the Starkville Daily News, the affair was with another MSU athletic department employee.
The newspaper reports the employee is no longer with the school.
The university has not publicly addressed the reason for Cannizaro's resignation.
"I had a wonderful opportunity at Mississippi State, but unfortunately I made some poor decisions," Cannizaro stated in a university release earlier this week. "I hope Mississippi State University and all of the fans and people affected will one day forgive me."
- Report: Cannizaro resigned due to extramarital affair
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns
- MSU fans shocked by Andy Cannizaro resignation
- REPORT: EMCC president resigns
- Report: Baptist Memorial's Sean Johnson resigning
- Trump fires Veterans Affairs Secretary Shulkin
- REPORT: Cochran could resign soon from U.S. Senate
- Mississippi's emergency director resigns
- Columbus city councilman resigns
- Taylor mayor resigns