LEAKE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The authors of a message in a bottle have been located after the bottle was found floating in the Pearl River earlier this week.
The bottle was found north of the Leake County Water Park.
The message inside dated Feb. 10, 1989, written by Tony and Chris Taylor of Carthage, Miss.
On Thursday, Pearl River Kayaks stated the Taylor family has been located. The family now lives in Woodbury and Smithville, Tennessee, reports WLBT-TV in Jackson.
The note read:
"Our names are Tony and Chris Taylor. I am 4 years old and Chris is 2 years old. We hope somebody finds this bottle. We love you and God loves you!"
The TV station reports the boys' mother actually wrote the note with her two children before they tossed it into the river.
- Authors of Pearl River message in a bottle found
- Pearl Harbor - 76th Anniversary
- Report: Pearl River, Bok Homa Casino to offer sports betting
- Pearl River Foods adding hundreds of new jobs
- Pearl lays off 15 to fill budget shortfall
- Funeral held for sailor who died at Pearl Harbor
- Authorities release name of person found dead in Tupelo lake
- Suspect's body found in Tennessee River days after car chase
- 2-year-old boy found floating in river days after wreck
- California abandons plan to tax text messages