OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - An arrest has been made in connection with the death of a female Ole Miss student.
The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department and the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation arrested Brandon Theesfeld for the murder of Alexandria Kostial.
Ally Kostial | Photo: MGN Online
The arrest was made Monday afternoon.
Theesfeld is from Texas. Ole Miss later confirmed Theesfeld is a student at the university.
Lafayette County sheriff’s deputies found the body of Kostial, 21, of St. Louis, Missouri, on Saturday in the Harmontown community.
Investigators suspect that foul play was involved, according to a Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department news release.
The University of Mississippi said Kostial was working toward a bachelor's degree in marketing, reports The Associated Press.
Theesfeld's father later released the following statement to WMC-TV in Memphis, Tennessee.
“I know my son is innocent," Daniel Theesfeld said. "And I have reasons to believe that I can’t share anything now. But I would ask everybody to please give him the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise.”
- Father of Lafayette County murder suspect claims son's innocence
- Monroe County father charged with murder of son
- Bond set for Lafayette County murder suspect
- Father accused of shooting son in Noxubee County
- Son attempted murder with axe
- Sheriff: Father abandoned 5-year-old son in woods and fled
- Son surprises father with CWS tickets to watch MSU
- Father, son killed in ATV accident laid to rest
- Itawamba County murder suspect found guilty
- Winston County murder suspect appears before judge