STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Starkville Board of Aldermen will look at implementing a new policy for late-night events for the Starkville Parks and Recreation Department after a shooting took place late Sunday night at the Starkville Sportsplex.
Starkville Mayor Lynn Spruill said once the incident occurred, she used her mayoral authority to stop the Parks and Recreation Department from allowing parties and events extending beyond 10 p.m.
The board will look to revise the department’s current policy and will bring it to a vote during its next board meeting scheduled for February 6.
The board will also discuss this policy during its work session Friday.
- Report: Aldermen look to make change following recent shooting
- Oxford aldermen pass vaping ordinance
- Starkville Board of Aldermen denies pride parade
- Starkville aldermen to talk utility improvements
- Oxford aldermen expected to approve bond plan
- Starkville aldermen consider reduced millage tax increase
- Starkville aldermen pass budget despite opposition
- Verona police work to make arrest in recent shootings
- Tupelo woman arrested for recent shooting
- Oxford police make arrest after shooting report