BATESVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Two teenagers now face felony murder charges after a Panola County constable was killed during a police chase.
Darion Dogan, 16, and Johnathan Taylor, 15, will both be charged as adults under Mississippi law, FOX 13 in Memphis reports.
The incident happened at approximately 2:30 p.m. on Thursday when officers from Charleston were chasing the two teenagers in a stolen vehicle, the Memphis TV station reports.
The teenagers crashed into the constable who was responding to that scene.
The Mississippi Department of Public Safety identified the constable as 57-year-old Raye Hawkins of Courtland.
Previous Article - Constable died in Panola County crash
Officials said the two teenagers stole a vehicle in a nearby county and were speeding through Batesville and ran into Hawkins’ car, FOX 13 reports.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Report: 2 teens charged with murder in death of Panola County constable
- Constable died in Panola County crash
- Panola man charged with assault in Oxford
- Panola County teen fighting for life after hit-and-run
- Report: Tupelo paving company expanding to Panola County
- Panola County crash kills Water Valley man
- Panola County woman accused of embezzlement in Oxford
- MHP investigates pedestrian and vehicle accident in Panola County
- Panola County deputies seek man involved in dogfighting ring
- Lowndes County constable rushed to hospital following crash