TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Christmas tradition came alive in downtown Friday evening.The 69th Reed's Tupelo Christmas Parade was a huge hit -- and the weather cooperated as well. Thousands gathered along the two mile route on Main and Jefferson streets as more than a hundred parade entries marched in this year's "Community Christmas." Bands from several schools played -- while businesses, fire and police departments, elected leaders, churches, and community organizations walked in the parade, too. The Grinch made an appearance, and what Christmas parade would be complete without Jolly Ol' Saint Nick? Even our WTVA morning team helped celebrate this holiday tradition. If you weren't able to make it, no worries. You can watch it on ABC WTVA on Sunday, December 10 at 1pm.
Thousands gathered along a 2-mile parade route to mark the "official" beginning of the Christmas season.
Posted: Dec 1, 2017 10:28 PM
- Reed's Tupelo Christmas Parade a holiday hit
- 2018 Reed's Tupelo Christmas parade winners
- 2020 Reed's Tupelo Christmas Parade canceled
- Reed's Christmas Parade delay, impacts Tupelo City Council Meeting
- List of winners from 2019 Reed’s Tupelo Christmas Parade
- Tupelo Christmas parade: 'A Community Christmas'
- Tupelo first pride parade
- Tupelo Christmas parade to force temporary street closures
- Community helps injured child during Tupelo Christmas parade
- New Albany celebrates the holidays with their Christmas Parade
Scroll for more content...