JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi State defensive lineman Jeffery Simmons, Ole Miss receiver A.J. Brown and Southern Mississippi receiver Quez Watkins are among the 10 finalists for the Conerly Trophy.
The Conerly is given each year to the most outstanding college football player in Mississippi. This is the 23rd year for the award, and the winner will be announced on Nov. 27 in Jackson. The featured speaker will be former Ole Miss and New Orleans Saints star Deuce McAllister.
Brown won the Conerly Trophy in 2017.
The other finalists for the award include Alcorn State quarterback Noah Johnson, Belhaven linebacker Denarrius Noel, Delta State quarterback Patrick Shegog, Jackson State kicker and punter Christian Jacquemin, Millsaps linebacker Chandler Coleman, Mississippi College running back Tiberias Lampkin and Mississippi Valley receiver/running back Booker Chambers.
- Rebels' Brown, MSU's Simmons among Conerly Trophy finalists
- Ole Miss’ A.J. Brown wins 2017 C Spire Conerly Trophy
- MSU's Mangum wins Ferriss Trophy
- MSU's Jeffery Simmons declares for NFL Draft
- MSU's Martinas Rankin wins Kent Hull Trophy
- Brown, Little, Simmons named to AP Preseason All-America teams
- Former MSU star Jeffery Simmons suffers knee injury
- Ole Miss' Brown, MSU trio named to preseason watch lists
- USM's Sandlin wins 2018 Ferriss Trophy