COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - As the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation continues its investigation, family and friends of Raymond Davis are preparing to lay him to rest.
“Ray Ray” as he’s known to many will be remembered Saturday afternoon. Services will be at 3 p.m. at Bible Way Progressive Church of God in Christ with the Rev. Tommy Williams. He will be laid to rest at Sandfield Cemetery in Columbus.
This will be the day before he would turn 25 years old. Davis was shot and killed by Columbus Police Officer Jared Booth outside Premier Lounge early Saturday morning.
Now an investigation is underway to determine if the shooting was justified. There is body camera footage from early that morning. Many city leaders who have seen it say Davis did have a gun at the time. We’re still waiting to find out if or when the body camera footage will be released but it will be given to the district attorney’s office when the investigation is complete.
- 'Ray' Davis to be laid to rest this weekend
- High School Basketball player laid to rest
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Beloved Oxford teacher laid to rest
- Fallen Tupelo detective laid to rest
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest
- Mom of Tupelo basketball player laid to rest in Amory
- Father, son killed in ATV accident laid to rest
- Man shot and killed in officer-involved shooting laid to rest