JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The rate of flu-like illness in Mississippi is now below 10 percent for the first time since last month.
The Mississippi State Department of Health says the influenza-like illness rate for the week ending January 20 is 9.5 percent.
That's down from 10.9 percent the previous week. It was more than 12 percent during the Christmas and New Year's holidays.
While this is a good sign for Mississippi, the nation's overall flu outlook is not as good.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Friday the current flu season has not yet reached its peak.
- Big drop for Mississippi's flu-like illness rate
- Rate of flu-like illness down in Mississippi
- Mississippi's flu rate goes back up
- Mississippi flu rate stays same from last year
- Mississippi fourth highest rate of gun deaths
- Mississippi unemployment rate near historic low
- Concerns for dog flu in Mississippi
- Hospital takes extra precautions as flu rate increases
- State flu rate drops back under 10 percent
- State flu-like rate down more than a percent