CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Natchez Trace Parkway employee is among the two people killed in a traffic accident on the roadway.
Rangers say maintenance worker Frank Hadorn of Fulton, was heading south on his way to work when a northbound vehicle driven by Jose Garcia Roque, of Houston, Texas, crossed the center line and struck Hadorn's vehicle.
Hadorn's vehicle was forced off a bridge and landed on a creek embankment.
The accident apparently happened around 7 a.m.
Hadorn died at the site of the accident. Roque died at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
Chief Ranger Sarah Davis says the initial investigation indicates Roque was speeding, was not licensed and was not paying attention to the road.
- Natchez Trace employee, man from Texas killed in Parkway accident
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Underfed horses found along Natchez Trace Parkway
- 2 die in Natchez Trace Parkway crash
- Natchez Trace Parkway works to control privet
- Dennis man killed in Natchez Trace collision
- Natchez Trace warns of remaining ice, snow along parkway
- How would government shutdown affect Natchez Trace Parkway?
- Homes for lease on the Natchez Trace Parkway
- Natchez Trace Parkway accessible to public during government shutdown