RIDGELAND, Miss. (WTVA) — A Jackson radio talk show host says he is running for the U.S. House in the Third Congressional District.
James Tulp, of Ridgeland, will challenge Representative Michael Guest in the March 2020 Republican primary.
Guest is in his first term representing the district that runs from Starkville, Oktibbeha and Noxubee counties to southwest Mississippi.
Qualifying for the 2020 party primaries ends on January 2.
The primaries will take place March 10 with any necessary runoffs scheduled for March 31.
- Radio host to challenge Guest in GOP congressional primary
- Baria, Guest win congressional primary runoffs
- Trump tweets support for GOP primary candidates
- POLL: Wicker could face tough primary challenge from McDaniel
- Chris McDaniel says he'll challenge Roger Wicker in primary
- Mississippi GOP governor candidates hold pre-primary debate
- GOP's Parker leaves utility race after residency challenge
- Local amateur radio operators ready to help during Hurricane Dorian
- Graceland's new feature to bring guests to Tupelo
- 2 women file to run for congressional seat in Mississippi