Updated 11/22/18 at 2:30 a.m. Troopers were called to the scene due to a welfare check, according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
CRAWFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - There is word that law enforcement is in a standoff with someone and it has forced the closure of Highway 45 Alternate near Crawford.
Someone familiar with the situation tells us there is a heavy police presence in the area of the highway at Tarlton Road. WTVA 9 News has reached out to the Mississippi Highway Patrol for more information.
Keep checking as we hope to have updates in a few hours.
- UPDATE: Troopers: Welfare check shuts down Highway 45 Alternate near Crawford
- Welfare check discovers stolen firearm, arrest made
- Troopers: Pedestrian killed in Highway 45 crash
- Mississippi mulls checking tax info of welfare recipients
- Fire destroys home in Crawford
- Landslide shuts down part of Highway 9
- State Troopers conduct traffic check points to ensure safety
- Crawford duo charged with sexual battery
- Shots fired into Crawford home, investigation underway
- UPDATE: Troopers work 18-wheeler rollover near Shannon