OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Historian David Sansing has passed away in a Memphis hospital one day after suffering a fall at his Oxford home. He was 86.
Sansing wrote multiple textbooks on Mississippi history and wrote the definitive history on the history of the University of Mississippi where he taught for many years.
“We are deeply saddened by the loss of David Sansing,” said Noel Wilkin, provost and executive vice chancellor for academic affairs. “He was an outstanding university citizen who made substantial contributions to our institution.
A memorial service for Sansing is set for 4 p.m. Wednesday (July 10) at Paris-Yates Chapel on the university campus.
- Mississippi, Ole Miss historian David Sansing dies from fall
- Former Ole Miss/MLB slugger David Dellucci earns college degree 24 years after leaving Ole Miss
- Ole Miss falls 45-16 at LSU
- Former Ole Miss Rebel Justin Reed dies
- Ole Miss grad from Hattiesburg wins Miss Mississippi title
- Mississippi State beats Ole Miss 35-3 in Egg Bowl
- Mississippi grants The Inn at Ole Miss qualified resort status
- Ole Miss rallies to beat Mississippi State 64-58
- Ole Miss jumps into Top 25, MSU falls
- Former Ole Miss football coach Billy Brewer dies