STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville residents will soon have to pay for more water.
Our news partner, The Starkville Daily News, reports the Board of Alderman voted Tuesday night to slight increases starting in September.
The Alderman approved a rate hike of $3.25 per 1,000 gallons. The current rate is $2.26.
City leaders believe the additional funds will help improve infrastructure repairs. We're told the pipes in the city are more than 60 years old.
- Prices to increase for Starkville water
- Starkville mayor increases safety in town
- Starkville leaders discuss 1 percent tax increase
- Businesses in Starkville see increase in sales
- Starkville aldermen consider reduced millage tax increase
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Boil water notice inconveniences Starkville residents, businesses
- Starkville could increase city pay to compete with other cities
- Starkville PD seek heavier policing amid increased drug-related crime
- Starkville residents prepare to vote on 1 percent tax increase