STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - President Donald Trump announced earlier this week he intends to nominate Mississippi State University alumnus Scott Hutchins for the position of undersecretary of agriculture for research, education and economics at the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
The university says Hutchins is currently the global leader of integrated field services for Corteva Agriscience and is an adjunct professor at the University of Nebraska.
President Trump's nomination now awaits confirmation by the Senate Agriculture Committee and the full U.S. Senate.
- President Trump nominates MSU alum for USDA position
- MSU remembers President George H.W. Bush
- MSU president visits Tupelo High School
- Rural broadband discussed in USDA workshop
- Grammy nominations are here
- President Trump visits Tupelo
- USDA using North Mississippi watershed for study on water quality
- USDA issues alert about salads, wraps due to parasite worry
- Deadly salmonella outbreak forces USDA to recall raw turkey
- Black farmers ask Trump to affirm ruling in suit against USDA