SOUTHAVEN, Miss. (WTVA) - President Donald Trump is scheduled to visit Mississippi to campaign for Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith.
In a notice from the senator Tuesday, her campaign says the president will be in DeSoto County on October 2.
“I am honored that the President was able to reschedule his visit to Mississippi to show his support for our state and to campaign on my behalf,” she said. “It has been a privilege to back his ‘America First’ agenda, and I look forward to welcoming him to DeSoto County."
���� IT'S OFFICIAL ����
President @realDonaldTrump will be in Southaven Tuesday, October 2 to rally for #TeamCindy! The event is free and open to the public, but you MUST request tickets — hope to see you there! #Cindy2018 #MAGAhttps://t.co/vQMc6gvrR5
— Cindy Hyde-Smith (@cindyhydesmith) September 25, 2018
The president was scheduled to be in Jackson earlier this month, but the event was canceled due to Hurricane Florence.
MORE: See event details here
- President Trump scheduled to visit Southaven next week
- President Trump scheduled to visit Mississippi next week
- President Trump supports Senator Hyde-Smith at Southaven rally
- President Trump visits Tupelo
- Southaven Walmart reopens after fatal worker shooting
- REPORT: President Trump to visit Mississippi Saturday
- Southaven alderman charged with transportation of child porn
- 2 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Walmart in Southaven
- Plans are unfolding for President Trump's visit to Tupelo
- Tupelo leaders review costs of President Trump's visit