WASHINGTON (WTVA) - U.S. Senator Roger Wicker has picked up another endorsement in his bid for re-election: President Trump.
The president tweeted late Tuesday afternoon that he is supporting Wicker, and it came on the eve of an expected announcement by Chris McDaniel that he will challege the incumbent in the June GOP primary.
.@SenatorWicker of Mississippi has been a great supporter and incredible help in getting our massive Tax Cut Bill done and approved. Also big help on cutting regs. I am with him in his re-election all the way!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 27, 2018
Trump described Wicker as "a great supporter and incredible help in getting our massive tax cut bill done and approved. Also big help on cutting regs. I am with him in his re-election all tlhe way!"
In 2014, Trump endorsed McDaniel in his failed 2014 bid to oust U.S. Senator Thad Cochran.
- President Trump endorses Wicker in U.S. Senate race
- Trump tweets 'total endorsement' for Mississippi senator
- REPORT: McDaniel expected to challenge Wicker for U.S. Senate
- McDaniel to run for Cochran's U.S. Senate seat, not Wicker's
- Candidate drops his challenge of U.S. Senator Wicker
- Pro-Republican group running Trump, Wicker commercial in Mississippi
- Wicker opens online store in advance of reelection campaign
- Sen. Wicker proposal for 355 ships signed into law
- POLL: Wicker could face tough primary challenge from McDaniel
- McDaniel: I'm still debating whether to challenge Wicker