BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Dozens of volunteers in Prentiss County managed to find a missing teenage girl.
According to Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar, the girl was reported missing on Sunday from a home on County Road 1341.
The sheriff said the girl is autistic and has other medical issues.
Investigators determined the girl had recently moved to the home and was unfamiliar with the area.
Her family had been searching for her prior to calling 911, Tolar said.
She was later found near a creek.
Officers and volunteers recovered her, and medical personnel looked at her before she was released back to her parents.
“I personally want to thank all the volunteers and staff that helped in successfully locating this young lady,” the sheriff said.
- Prentiss County sheriff thanks volunteers, staff in locating missing teenager
- Former Prentiss County Sheriff Brumley passes away
- Lee County Sheriff: Help needed locating two teenagers
- Teenager found hiding in church in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- 21-year-old woman missing in Prentiss County
- Teenage girl reported missing in Prentiss County, found safe in Aberdeen
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Fallen Prentiss County lineman honored
- UPDATE: Missing woman booked into Prentiss jail