PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Prentiss County has joined a growing lists of governments and hospitals suing over the opioid epidemic.
The county filed a lawsuit against manufacturers and distributors in U.S. District Court in Oxford Wednesday.
The lawsuit claims doctors were not accurately made aware of the addiction risks.
The court filing says the manufacturers falsely represented patients would rarely fall into drug addiction.
The lawsuit is asking for the companies to stop production of the drugs and pay governments for monies spent related to the drugs.
- Prentiss County joins list suing over opioid epidemic
- Local hospital system joins list of lawsuits over opiod epidemic
- Duo faces long list of charges in Prentiss County
- Some local counties sue drug companies over opioid epidemic
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Fallen Prentiss County lineman honored
- Man's body found in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- Prentiss County man charged with assault
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County