TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The preliminary hearing for a Marietta man accused of hitting a student at a bus stop has been rescheduled.
Lee County Attorney James Moore says the hearing for Hunter Newman, 22, has been rescheduled for November 29 at 1:30 p.m. in Justice Court.
This was agreed upon by the prosecution and the defense.
Newman is charged with aggravated assault for the death of Dalen Thomas, 9.
According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, Thomas was struck by Newman’s vehicle as the child was getting on a school bus on October 31.
Charges could be changed due to the fact the child later passed away from his injuries.
- Preliminary hearing rescheduled following student's death
- ICC to reschedule mock drill
- Tupelo's 'Bud and Burgers' rescheduled
- UPDATE: Tupelo meter installation rescheduled
- UPDATE: Preliminary autopsy results back for toddler's death in Delta
- Sale of Amory hospital in preliminary stages
- Taste of Tupelo rescheduled for Nov. 16
- Taste of Tupelo rescheduled to Nov. 16
- Preliminary investigation report shows possible cause of helicopter crash
- Preliminary report released after Monroe County plane crash