LOUISVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Preliminary autopsy results are back following the death of a worker at Winston Plywood & Veneer.
Brandon Foster, 21, was killed when a core chipper malfunctioned Tuesday morning at the plant in Louisville.
The preliminary report points to massive head trauma and fractures to the face and neck, according to Winston County Coroner Scott Gregory.
He initially described the incident as an explosion. On Thursday he said the chipper came apart.
Previous Article - Winston County coroner identifies victim of explosion
The State Medical Examiner’s Office is conducting more tests.
"Winston Plywood is devastated by the loss of our friend and colleague as a result of this accident," said Bruce Warren, CEO of Winston Plywood.
- Preliminary autopsy results provided in Louisville plant death
- UPDATE: Preliminary autopsy results back for toddler's death in Delta
- Autopsy results back following trooper's death
- Preliminary hearing rescheduled following student's death
- UPDATE: Autopsy results expected soon for Pontotoc County bodies
- Louisville death being investigated as homicide
- Louisville celebrates Walmart milestone
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville man found
- UPDATE: Missing Louisville girl found
- Louisville welcomes new police chief