PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Prentiss County Emergency Management director Bud Lindsey confirmed to WTVA a storm-related death in the county.
According to Lindsey, a Prentiss County Electric Power Association worker was killed repairing a power line Wednesday night.
Prentiss County Electric Power Association general manager Ronnie Rowland tells The Associated Press 36-year-old Jamie Guin died.
Rowland says Guin was a 13-year model employee who appeared to have touched a power line on which a tree had fallen, mistakenly believing it was de-energized.
Family members tell WTVA Guin was expecting twins with his wife and was very excited about becoming a father.
Funeral arrangements have not been determined yet.
- UPDATE: Prentiss County power worker killed while repairing electric line
- UPDATE: Gas line repaired in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- UPDATE: Phone issues in Prentiss County fixed
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Fallen Prentiss County lineman honored
- UPDATE: Missing woman booked into Prentiss jail
- UPDATE: Repairs made after lightning hits gas line in Oxford
- UPDATE: Names released concerning fatal wreck in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Second suspect arrested for ATV theft in Prentiss County