WATER VALLEY, Miss. (WTVA) - Saturday from about 6.a.m to 6 p.m. customers of Water Valley Electric will be without power for system upgrades.
Transmission lines will be changed out to make the electric system more reliable.
Most of the work will be done near County Road 105.
A city shelter won't be in place. Mayor Donald Gray says a partnership with Tallahatchie Valley Public Power will allow the hospital, nursing homes, and medical center to have power.
"Anyone that needs any type of medical services can call the hospital and they are going make arrangements for you for the day for oxygen or whatever you may need," added Mayor Gray.
Water Valley Electric General Manager Andy Hall says several businesses in the city have generators, as a result, the following stores will be open Saturday:
Larson's Cash Saver Grocery Store
BP Gas Station
- Power outage planned for Water Valley Electric customers
- Power outage hits Tombigbee customers
- Power outage scheduled for Water Valley
- Electric power provider plans to offer internet services to customers
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Power outage planned for parts of Starkville
- Scam targets Tombigbee Electric customers
- Power outages reported in Tupelo
- Planned power outage scheduled for part of MSU campus
- Water outage in Noxubee County