TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - North Mississippi Health Services was the only bidder for the purchase of Gilmore Memorial Hospital in Amory.
In a statement issued by NMHS, the company received confirmation on Monday, November 12, that no other bidders filed with the bankruptcy court within the court-appointed deadline.
“North Mississippi Health Services’ existing bid will proceed as the only bid for consideration by the court, which is currently scheduled to hear the sale order on November 27.”
Earlier this year, the Amory hospital’s parent company, Curae Health, filed for bankruptcy. This led to the historical hospital in Amory being put on the auction block.
If the sale is approved on November 27, the Tupelo-based company says it will work towards finalizing the sale transaction by the end of the year.
- Potential buyer of Amory hospital stands alone
- Sale of Amory hospital in preliminary stages
- Amory hospital offering diabetes prevention program
- UPDATE: 6 taken to hospitals following Amory wreck
- Amory hospital, parent company files for bankruptcy protection
- New hospital ownership, Amory residents predict bright future
- Stabbing lands Amory man behind bars, woman in hospital
- Amory children spread Christmas joy
- Amory library gets $250,000 donation
- Amory warns of utility scam