OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A section of Poorhouse Road in Oktibbeha County is set to reopen next week.
Oktibbeha County District 4 Supervisor Bricklee Miller said construction crews from Cook and Son, Pritchard Engineering and Kimes and Stone worked for two weeks to repair the road.
Miller said crews did base repairs because the road's foundation caused it to be bumpy and unsafe.
Dustin Riggan, Forman for Cook and Son, said the road was like "a rollercoaster" and was rough on people's cars. After the infrastructure project is complete, he said the road will be smooth and safe for everyone to drive.
Construction workers will close off that section of Poorhouse Road this weekend and reopen it the week of Oct. 14.
- Poorhouse Road set to reopen next week
- UPDATE: Endville Road reopens
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Lee County reopens County Road 54
- UPDATE: Columbus road reopens after dump truck hits power lines
- UPDATE: Mooreville road reopened after months of work
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- Road reopened as crew works on Saltillo gas leak
- Alabama road improvement projects set for bidding
- I-22 reopens after wreck