PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - A Pontotoc woman has pleaded guilty to filing false tax returns and cashing the checks she received from the IRS.
Tracy Smith, 48, pleaded guilty to one count of intentionally stealing more than $1,000 from the government.
She faced a 42-count indictment accusing her of using other people's personal information to file returns online and then cashed the checks.
The count she pleaded two accused her of taking over $2,600.
Smith will be sentenced in October.
- Pontotoc woman pleads guilty in fraud case
- Man pleads guilty in Mantachie murder case
- Man pleads guilty in child porn case
- Booneville woman arrested for fraud
- Man pleads not guilty in S. Carolina kidnapping, rape case
- Corinth man pleads not guilty in counterfeit goods case
- Former Houlka teacher pleads guilty to 2015 sexual battery case
- UPDATE: Missing Pontotoc woman found safe
- Pontotoc woman arrested inside old Columbus school
- Woman dies in Pontotoc County wreck