PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - One injury was reported following an afternoon house fire in Pontotoc.
Pontotoc County Fire Coordinator Adam Patton said firefighters responded to the fire on West 8th Street at approximately 2:30 p.m.
He said firefighters managed to save the person who was inside the building.
That person was taken to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. The person's current medical condition is unknown.
Patton said investigators are working to determine the cause of the fire.
- Pontotoc house fire sends one person to hospital
- Afternoon fire destroys Pontotoc house
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Pontotoc
- Overnight wreck sends one person to Columbus hospital
- Dump truck flips, sends one person to the hospital
- Shannon stabbing sends one person to the hospital
- One person transported to hospital after house fire
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Pontotoc Co. house fire possibly caused by lightning
- Lightning may be cause of Pontotoc County house fire