PONTOTAC, Miss. (WTVA)-Pontotoc County Schools dedicated a new storm shelter at North Pontotoc School as well as South pontotoc school.
South Pontotoc High School co-principal Jimmy Flake says the shelter helps knowing important decisions have to be made when it comes to severe weather.
"They had lighten storm moving through at North Ponotoc, they were able to get the visiting team and the home team into the shelter until the store passed." Said County Emergency Managment Directory Rickey Jagger.
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- Storm shelter being built at Shannon school
- List of local storm shelters
- Bond referendum being held for Pontotoc schools
- Pontotoc woman arrested inside old Columbus school
- New storm shelter opens in Winston County
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Car rams into Pontotoc business
- Car slams into Pontotoc church
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash