PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Customers of the Pontotoc Electric Power Association are being advised to pay close attention when paying their bills online.
The agency says some people search online in order to pay their bills but are apparently not paying on the right website.
In some cases, a third-party website accepts the payment , then forwards the money to the agency a few weeks later. In some cases, the money never arrives at all.
PEPA General Manager Chuck Howell says in those cases, it has a negative impact on customers.
"We apply the late fees, and then even more to customers' disadvantage. Sometimes, they may be subject to discontinuation of the electric service because we have no idea if the electric bill has been paid," he said.
Howell says the agency is doing its best to try to get the word out about the online confusion.
He says customers should go to PEPA.com to pay online.
- Pontotoc Electric advises customers to be aware when paying online
- Scam targets Tombigbee Electric customers
- Power outage planned for Water Valley Electric customers
- Electric power provider plans to offer internet services to customers
- 4-County Electric studying ways to bring broadband to customers
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Car rams into Pontotoc business
- Car slams into Pontotoc church
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash