JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A new poll shows the gap shrinking between the top two candidates for governor.
The Mason-Dixon poll, conducted last week, has Democrat Jim Hood leading Republican Tate Reeves by only 2 percent.
Fourteen percent were undecided.
Hood’s lead over Reeves was as high as six percentage points in a December 2017 poll.
The party primaries are in August. The general election is set for November.
MORE: See the full poll here
- Poll shows close race between Jim Hood and Tate Reeves
- Hood leads Reeves in poll for 2019 governor's race
- DECISION 2019 PROFILE: Tate Reeves
- Hood, Reeves preview possible Mississippi governor's race
- Reeves still outspending Hood in Mississippi governor race
- Hood investigates road project near Reeves' subdivision
- Hood: Reeves improperly pushed frontage road project
- Hood, Reeves deliberate over debate options
- Jim Hood hosts campaign rally in Tupelo