JACINTO, Miss. (WTVA) - Many political figures were celebrating the 4th of July stumping for votes at the Jacinto Festival.
Organizers say 18 politicians were on hand to campaign for the November election.
Many in attendance enjoyed fellowship and politics.
"What I like about Jacinto, it's just a hometown community you get the hometown love," said Bret Peacher.
Mike Espy and Chris McDaniel were among the dozens who spoke.
They said this about President Trump:
"I'm going to work with anybody," said Espy. "I believe in reaching across the aisle, reaching across the chasm for the common good."
"I love to fight for Donald Trump," added McDaniel. "He needs help in Washington. We’re here to help him."
- Politicians rally for votes at Jacinto Festival
- Alcohol vote foes set prayer rally in Mississippi county
- Sturgis hosts annual motorcycle rally
- President Trump cancels Jackson rally
- Car show canceled at Amory Railroad Festival
- Tupelo hosts annual Bud and Burgers festival
- Fans continue to celebrate Elvis Festival
- Praire Arts Festival celebrates 40th year
- Tupelo Elvis Festival kicks off at birthplace
- Rally being held against marijuana billboard