COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Sunday night shooting in Columbus sent one person to the hospital, and police are asking those who know something about what happened to come forward.
Officers were sent to 14th Avenue North and 23rd Street North before 10 p.m. to check out a report of fireworks going off. They found nothing.
About five minutes later, police learned someone had taken a gunshot victim to Baptist Memorial Hospital - Golden Triangle. That person suffered a single gunshot wound to the upper body.
The driver who carried the shooting victim to the hospital told officers he picked him up in the 1500 block of 23rd Street North.
Chief Fred Shelton said the shooting victim was treated for his injury but is not cooperating with police.
You are asked to call Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151 if you have information that could help police solve this shooting.
- Police seek help in solving Columbus shooting
- Columbus police recruited to help solve Illinois 1976 cold case
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Columbus police investigates overnight shooting
- Columbus police investigate shooting report
- Columbus police seek help locating missing man
- Columbus police seek to identify 'harassing' caller
- Columbus police investigate drive-by shooting
- Columbus police called to investigate accidental shooting
- Columbus police make arrest in weekend shooting