Update 05/18/18 - According to Columbus police, Fred Grissett has been found safe in the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, area unharmed.
Police believe he drove himself there.
See the original post below.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) -- Columbus police need your help searching for a missing man last seen Thursday evening.
Police say Fred Grissett, 73, of Columbus, was last seen driving away from the Columbus Belk's parking lot between 8:20 p.m. and 9 p.m.
His wife left him in the car while she was in the store, and when she returned, the car and Grissett were gone.
He was last seen in a 2014 White Nissan Pathfinder with a Mississippi tag with University of Alabama supporter tag.
Grissett has severe Alzheimer's disease.
If you see the car or him, you're asked to call 911.
- Missing Columbus man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Columbus man found safe in Alabama
- UPDATE: Missing man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Columbus woman found
- UPDATE: Missing woman found safe
- UPDATE: Missing child found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Vardaman man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Illinois man found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe